DIY Cockroach Control
Do It Yourself Cockroach Treatment
These are supposedly the most common pests you can find in the house and even in a business unit. Many houses and restaurants in Aussie have had the challenge of controlling cockroaches. These pests come in various species, which live in different areas. However, the most common species live in houses with humans. Even though they seem harmless, cockroaches can spread lethal diseases that can be a huge threat to the health of the residents.
- Cockroaches can cause skin reactions when they crawl on humans.
- They have been linked to specific asthma attacks.
- They can live for several weeks without a head.
- A female cockroach can have over a hundred offspring.
- Some cockroach species can live for months without food.
Species in Australia
There are various species of cockroaches in Australia. The most common include the German Cockroaches, Oriental Cockroaches, Australian Cockroaches, American Cockroaches, and the Smoky-Brown Cockroaches.
In general, cockroaches prefer a warm and dark area. You will most likely find them in subfloors, the kitchen, bathroom, and roof voids. Some can even make a habitat in the bedroom, especially if there is any food stuff around.
DIY Control Treatment
With roaches, they can be managed via different measures. It is easy to know if your house is invaded by the cockroaches or not. One easy way to know is when you notice plenty of cockroaches walking around the kitchen or the house even in broad daylight. Also, if you walk into the kitchen late at night and switch on the lights, you would be shocked to see just how many roaches are in your house.
So when you suspect a cockroach invasion, ensure that you carry out a thorough inspection. Inspect the sinks, kitchen, dishwasher, basement, floor area, drawers, refrigerator, microwaves, as well as the oven.
The most common way of dealing with a cockroach invasion is by using an effective insecticide. However, some roaches might be partially immune to the insecticide. Alternatively, you can use glue traps to capture the roaches. This will help you know how serious the infestation is.
DIY Treatment Effectiveness
Rating = High
It is easy to handle the roach infestation. Always remember to wear the right protective gear as you carry out the control strategies. You don’t exactly need an exterminator, though you might want to consider hiring one if the infestation is too much.
- Ensure that you keep your kitchen clean. Avoid leaving dirty dishes and food crumbs around.
- Always keep the trash bags and cans closed.
- Seal all the cracks around the windows and doors.
- Store foods in airtight containers
- Repair any broken drawers or cabinet doors soon enough.